The Brooklyn Navy Yard Employment Center identifies, pre-screens and places qualified job seekers in various types of employment, primarily with Yard businesses.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation has operated the on-site Employment Center for nearly 20 years with a strong focus on placing workers with any of its 330 tenants. BNYDC is proud of having placed more than 2,500 people in quality jobs since 1999.
Our team of workforce development professionals maintain relationships with employers who are offering full-time, part-time, permanent and/or temporary employment within the Brooklyn Navy Yard and surrounding communities. We specialize in employment and training opportunities and are committed to providing employers with a diverse workforce.
The Employment Center is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Weekly Employment Center Orientations are held every Tuesday at 10 AM. Interested jobseekers are strongly encouraged to attend to learn more about our services and employment opportunities.
- One-on-one appointments are also available on a walk-in basis Monday to Thursday from 9 AM – 3 PM.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-907-5996 for more information.
Free Business Counseling at BLDG 92
Meet with Pascual Castano, business advisor with the NYS Small Business Development Center (SBDC)! The SBDC provides "no-cost" assistance to businesses in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- revising/establishing a business plan
- discovering innovative sources of funding
- identifying overseas markets and avenues for exporting goods & services
- developing/revising a marketing plan
- applying/reapplying for disaster assistance
Pascual is on-site on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM at the Employment Center at BLDG 92, located on the 3rd Floor. To make an appointment, contact Pascual at 718-797-0187 or by email at Pcastano@citytech.cuny.edu.